View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #1963
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Smile

Really chuffed- got e-mail from my dealer to say car is due to be delivered July 26th. I presume that this is the date in to them and car will need prepping prior to delivery so will be a few days later before handover.

Originally delivery quoted June 25th when ordered in mid March. Dealer mentioned that the delivery date could possibly come forward- not back I hope!. I presume that car is not yet built so there is some flexibility depending on production slots.

Have not had to wait so long for a car since I ordered an E39 528(a great car, way ahead of anything on the market at the time).

But looking on the bright side I could have been waiting a great deal longer if I had ordered the RR Evoque- experience with truly awful LR dealer put paid to that.

As an overall driving package I think the X3 is better(engines, emmissions and vastly superior performance) but still very disappointed with interior. Does not feel as special as Evoque or as well build as Q5 and nowhere as well put together as my 335d coupe.
There is some really shocking plastic on the front door pockets that should never be seen in a £40K car- BMW take note.

Looking forward to panoramic sunroof, if we get any sun in UK this summer !

Ordered X3 3.0d SE
Space Grey
Red Brown Nevada leather
Y Spoke 308
Sport Steering Wheel
Panoramic sunroof
Sport seats
Folding mirrors
DAB radio
Bluetooth
Service pack
Diesel