View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #39
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Dave - well what can I say - I think you did it! I did the upgrade and re-paired the phone and at first I didn't notice anything different. But after the same message on the phone above, I notice that on the iDrive screen, the rotating circle appeared as if it's was loading something. After it was done, I just happened to go into the Messages section of the phone and viola - all my text messages and emails where in there! So, YES - it looked like the firmware upgrade worked! I'm very thrilled to have this resolved!

However, one thing I notice is that when I received a new text message, it did not get sent to the iDrive screen immediately. Is it supposed to? In fact, it didn't show up at all (and then I had to leave the car so I'm not sure if it would have eventually been transferred to the iDrive). Are messages and e-mails supposed to be sent to iDrive immediately? If I have my navigation running, for example, and I receive a text message, is it supposed to pop up on the screen automatically?

Not sure if those are intended functions, but I just wanted to make sure. It seems to do a SMS/EMAIL load when it first pairs but I'm not sure it is constantly updated.

Thanks again for your help Dave - it looks like this is just about resolved.
Appreciate 0