View Single Post
      01-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #25
x3oiler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih82lose View Post
I just installed the same unit this weekend. I also have the DICE unit installed for Ipod. Since the Dice uses the Aux input of the stock business radio, I connected the DVN-E83's audio output to the Aux input on the Dice. You can then chose between Ipod and Aux (DVN-E83) by selecting the input from the Dice.

I'm still interested in coupling the GPS audio into the main audio output so Primo can be used with MP3 capability.
In my x3 the dice sits on the CD changer interface not the aux. But no matter same effect. I have never had much success with the DICE interface and run it in dumb mode now. Audio is fine just the control - including swapping from ipod to aux function. The interface function seems to depend on the phases of the moon or some such arbitrary condition so using the dice aux not an option as far as I am concerned - I leave it at ipod and do not touch it. Anyway this is not a dice thread.

re GPS audio - will take some time and DVN disassembly to work it out. Only need to find the internal speaker connections and use a speaker to line converter that provides ground isolation.