View Single Post
      11-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by walendvay View Post
Mounted my Borbet type E wheels yesterday (saturday) in anticipation for last night's snow. I have my old wheels from my E83, and unfortunately, I have the small size specified on the E83, which is 215/60-R17. (yes, I know the min size on the F25 is 225/60-R17). I have TPMS installed and put them on the car yesterday.

Work great! Took a little while to get the computer to "learn" the new TPMS and with a hold of my breath, they were recognized!

My speedo will be about 1.5% off with the smaller size, however, I just couldn't see discarding snow tires with 75% tread left on them (just got the new skins last winter).

I must say, the F25 with nokian studs on snow pack is amazing! I like having lower gearing in 1st and 2nd, as I am able to better control the F25 driving down the snowy mountain (1000ft elevation change in 1.8 miles or so).

I am impressed.

When it's time to swap the tires, I'll definitely go with 225/60-R17. Cost is a main driver on this.

If I didn't have the 1k elevation change along with rain events on snow pack, I'd go the blizzak route.

I have an E83 spare tire, so if I were to have an "event" with my snow tires, the size should be about just right with the balance of my tires. I am not planning on any "events"! Wish me luck!

Have fun and drive safe this winter!
I have a set of Borbet's ( 17X7 Silver Painted Borbet Type CA) from my old E83 I was thinking of using
Did they have to put on longer lug bolts?
How's clearance?
Appreciate 0