sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocX View Post
Hi All
I am new here and never owned a BMW before. I am considering getting a new X3 3.0D and wondering what people think about the new X3, such as performance, reliability, comfort etc.
I live in country NSW, Australia a good 3 hour drive of mixed highway and twisty up/down hill roads from Sydney. My current drive is a Subaru Liberty GT with some STi suspension modifications. It's a great performance car but little too harsh and uncomfortable now for my pregnant wife.
I think X3 will be a good choice with more room for our first child and a good blend of performance and comfort.
However, it's just from reading reviews and forum, I am yet to test drive the real thing.
I am wondering what people think.
Cheers!
Sounds like this will be a great car for you - great blend of performance and comfort. We are expecting our first and changed it to X3. Other considered was 520d Touring and X5.

There had always been some reliability issues with each of my BMWs, such as door locks, lights, sunroof, steering sensor, squeaky brakes, air con, electric windows, fuel pump - just to name a few. They are minor problems, and they always get fixed, but just a bit annoying even they pick up my car for me. Having said that, I am still buying them.
Appreciate 0