View Single Post
      09-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

I agree that the sales staff at TireRack are excellent, but they will usually just look up your vehicle in their fitment database, which is available on line. It's obviously impossible for them to know which wheels will fit which vehicles without a reference.

If you check their wheel database on line, you will currently find (124) wheels listed for the X3 28i, including (7) 17 inch models. Unfortunately, although the 35i listing includes (117) wheels, there are no 17 inch models listed.

Someone on this Forum has previously stated that 17 inch wheels will fit on a 35i. I'm not so sure that this is true for ALL 17 inch wheels. Some cast wheels have substantially thicker sections and probably won't clear the larger 35i brakes. There may be some light weight forged racing wheels that will work, but I suspect that one cannot generalize and say that all 17 inch wheels will fit a 35i.

Probably the only way to tell is to actually try the wheels in question on the vehicle.

It's always possible that someone at TireRack has some feedback for a customer who has done this, but from the looks of their database it doesn't seem so.
Appreciate 0