09-14-2011, 03:55 AM   #37
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post
Sfax, I can confirm my ' external devices' versions match yours. My car went into production end of June (week26)
I haven't checked the Nav version, I'll check later.

Oh I meant to say/ask - under the menu where it displays the external devices menu, it has an option to update the software, which gives sub-options to update either via BMW online or via USB. It says no update available at the moment.
Anyone know if this updates all the idrive software or just the external devices software or what does it encompass ?
Cheers marmite. I think this external device version is from April 2011 for 6NR compatibility (you need some hardware too but this gets iDrive ready for it).

Re. updating, I assume this is with a view to rolling critical updates without everyone having to take their cars into the dealer. I'm not sure how this would work in practice as the update I have just had seems to entail reinstalling the O/S. Would be nice if we could report bugs and then a month later, get the fix downloaded via this function. Dream on!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0