View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #9
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Did you drive the 2 or 4 door? How was the trunk space compared to your X3? Engine really needs to be compared to the new 28i and not
35i but good to know that the 35i feels a lot faster. Also were the seats nicer in your X3 or the land rover in terms of leather quality and feel?
I drove the 2 door so I could try the Dynamic version which has the variable dampening.
The two door is a novelty with poor access to get into the rear seats as this is a result of the styling. I believe the wheelbases are the same between the two and four door.

The Evoque is smaller everywhere.
Trunk capacity looked smaller. I don't have the specs with me, but I imagine they will support this assumption.

The front sports seats in the BMW are superior for adjustability and support.
Leather quality seemed good and the dealer said it was the highest grade Oxford leather. Honestly i am not the leather expert so, I can't tell you which is better.

Performance wise the 28i is a closer match, but as for price, at least in the USA, the 35i is the comparison and the BMW blows it away.

The tech of the Evoque seems less well thought out compared to the BMW.

A couple days out from the test drive, I feel even more solid about the x3 being superior.

The Evoque is like a really beautiful new girl but she may have some debilitating disease like lupus or she's an alcoholic and she may be hard to live with.

Sorry in advance to anyone with Lupus,
Appreciate 0