brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by S70IP View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm after a bit of advice.

I ordered a X3 20d first week in May and was told expect delivery in August. A month ago I was told September. Today I received a letter saying End of October. Am I been taken for a ride and had my production slot given to someone else?

Getting tense and thinking about a Q3 it can be here at end of September. Love the x3 but also test drove the q3 and it was pretty good as well. One more delay and I might. The dealer won't care because I am sure he could sell my speck to someone else.
Yes, I suspect you are been taken for a ride. At the time you placed your order, your dealer should have been up front with you about what delivery slots he (ie the dealer) had open for a August delivery. I suspect his quota was probably already filled and just simply put in the next bunch of orders - hence the shift to September delivery. But now that he is talking October, thats a bit rich. Talk to him and demand an explanation. It may be due to the slowdown in production over the US summer months (from another thread I saw the factory was shutdown for a week in July). The fact that I ordered our 30d mid/late May and its (apparently) arriving in the country this week for a late August delivery indicates something is amiss.

And I'm assuming the alternative "Q3" you are referring to is in fact the Q5. Don't waste your time with the Q5 2.0TDI.

Tony
Appreciate 0