07-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #222
PIEZON
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Mine: (more to come, but need sunnier day, and need to shrink these down, sorry, I'm a bit of a tech dolt..) But it's a GREAT car!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
I am really enjoying the X3 35i MSport. It is a great combo of fun to drive, great looks and practicality. Works for me.

As an aside, I have always admined the X5M. But, although it does 0-60 in 4.5 secs, it eats gas, costs about twice what my X3 cost and offers little extra passenger/cargo room. So, the 35i MSport looks about as good (imo), uses far less fuel, costs about 1/2 an X5M and is 1000 pounds lighter. What's not to like? Oh, and like the real "M" cars, it has the beefy steering wheel that feels so good in your hands. And now, that wheel is heated for winter.

I think the X3, configured properly, is a real winner..!!
Thank you for this comment. I've been crazy about X5M since I test drove it. But the cost, MPG is not practical for me. I'm driving myself crazy trying to make the numbers work for X5M. It would really be pushing me from a budget/sacrifice standpoint.

I've been on the sidelines with X3 concerned if I would be truly happy coming from 2005 4.4 and 2007 4.8 X5's.

Your statement makes me want to jump in! Just concerned I'll be wanting X3M when it comes out!